Thank you for watching the Unite 2021 presentation from Amanda Robinson, The Digital Gal!
Below are links to resources and a copy of the presentation to help get you started.
Download a copy of the presentation:
1. Creating Ads with Ads Manager
- Learn how to set up Business Manager (Video) TheDigitalGal.com/business-manager
- Boost Button is like training wheels. Learn to use Ads Manager to create your ads to get the most out of your budget.
- Try more than one ad variation in your campaigns. Try different ad copy, headlines & call to action
- Tailor your ad creative by placement. Example – landscape or square images for newsfeed, vertical images for stories. Try the built in templates at the ad level in Ads Manager for turning static images into more compelling stories ads.
How To Set Up Your Facebook Pixel
How To Set Up Facebook Business Manager
2. Audiences & Targeting
- Install your Facebook Pixel (Video) TheDigitalGal.com/pixel
- Know the difference between COLD, WARM, & HOT audiences
- Narrow your cold audience targeting using the “must also match” feature
- If advertising a local physical shop business, target local area by drive distance radius and keep targeting more broad. Aim for audience sizes of 50,000+
- If targeting international, aim for audience sizes of 1M+
- Understand placements (where your ads are shown)
- Audience building is crucial to success of ads.
5 Must-Have Facebook Ads Audiences
Cold Audience Interest Research
Explore thousands of targetable but hidden Facebook interests, perfect for speeding up the process of researching your target audiences for Facebook Ads.
InterestExplorer uses Facebook’s API to reveal interests that are hidden from most advertisers, so you can save hours on interest research and find the perfect low-competition keywords. Check it out here.
3. Budgets & Strategy
- Example budget spreadsheet here: TheDigitalGal.com/budget-calculator
- Put strategy in place to reach cold/warm/hot audiences differently.
- If you do not have a large budget to work with, focus on growing your audiences (Engagement, Video Views) and let your FB Ads compliment your other marketing efforts.
- Use “what’s in it for me” focus for your ads
- Campaign Objectives get more expensive with the more information or action you are asking from the user.
Budgeting For Facebook Ads – Manage Expectations
Make a copy of this budget template for Facebook and Instagram Ads:
4. Reporting & Optimizing
- Keep an eye on ad frequency to know if you are exhausting your audience or your budget.
- Only compare your results to your own ad account, not your competitors. Beat your own best results. Continually improve.
Set goals to measure
- Video Views
Use the Breakdowns dropdown in Ads Manager to explore results by:
Learn Facebook Ads from the ground up in this 4 week live training bootcamp.
Week 1: Creating Ads
Week 2: Audiences & Targeting
Week 3: Budgets & Strategy
Week 4: Reporting & Optimizing
Get 1 on 1 support with Amanda Robinson, The Digital Gal.